Friday, November 5, 2010

The Circus is Coming, the Circus is - OH MY GOD

I just lost all respect for Cirque du Soleil. I've been a fan for a while, and actually went to one of their big-top shows live, and it was extraordinary. But now there's this:

Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour

I mean. What the F**K?!? He's dead. He's been dead for a good long while. While I assume they're going to do some sort of tribute to his talent and so on (he was a fine dancer and had a pretty phenomenal voice), he was a bit of a freakshow in life and, frankly, kind of icky as a human being.

Now, if they're planning on attaching strings to his wrists and ankles and head and doing some sort of marionette thing with his corpse, THAT I might go to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You may be on to something, Sten! Let's have Cirque de Dead Celebrities! Make a puppet out of Beethoven's skeleton, for starters. I've always wanted to see him play piano.
I agree that this Jackson worship is WAY over the top. Let him RIP! "'E's kicked the bucket,'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!"

Hope you had a happy b-day!